KALE, QUINOA & POMEGRANATE SALAD.
Quinoa, kale, roasted pumpkin and chicken salad.
To serve 2
3 leafs of kale stems removed
1/2 cup of quinoa
1 chicken breast
1 spring onion
1/2 punnet of cherry tomatos
1/4 of butternut pumpkin
2 tablespoons of Pomegranate (optional)
1 tbs of honey or maple syrup
1/2 lemon juice squeezed
2 tbs olive oil
Pink salt to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180c Celsius. Chop pumpkin into bite sized squares. Coat the pieces in honey or maple syrup. Roast for 20 minutes.
2. Poach the chicken breast and leave to cool
3. Boil quinoa
4. Chop kale very finely, its less bitter and rough if you do that.
5. Chop spring onion
6. Chop cherry tomatos into halfs
7. Extract about 2 tablespoons worth of pomegranate
8. Mix everything together in a large bowl and dress with lemon juice, olive oil and season with salt.
I usually make double the amount to have enough for a couple of days. Kale seems to taste even better when it softenes by lemon juice overnight. Enjoy.