Recipe: Protein, low fat, sugar free muffins
Try these muffins, no they wont be fluffy and wont bust out of the muffin tray like they are on steroids, but they great for low fat, sugar free and loaded with protein and lot’s of other very healthy ingredients. Great quick snack on the go.
- Half cup x self rainsing flour
- Half cup x oatmeal
- 250ml of eggwhites, (can be bougth at Woolies or Coles usually in the milk fridge)
- 2 x whole eggs
- 2 x tablesppons of greek yougurt
- half a cup of Splenda or Stevia (artificial sweetener), if you don’t like artificial sweetener you can add brown sugar or honey instead
- half cup of bluberies
- a handful or pecans or walnuts
- a handful of muesli (any type)
Put flour, oatmeal, eggwhites, eggs, yougurt and sweetener into a mixign bowl, mix it with an electric hand held mixer (you can buy one at Kmart for $20, works great).
then add the berries, nuts and muesli mix in with the spoon.
Spray muffin tray with olive oil spray, pour in the mixture and cook for half an hour on about 150c in the oven.